361 2

Transfer Students Let's make transferring easy!

If you have at least 14 transferable semester college credits and either graduated from high school or earned a GED, you should apply as a transfer applicant.

Visit Request Info Apply

 How to Apply

1. Apply


The online application takes about 10-15 minutes to complete and is free to submit. Be prepared to create a 'Be a Warrior' account before you begin the online application. This will allow you to log back in any time to complete the online application, upload admission documents, and check your status.

2. Submit All Official Transcripts

Official transcripts must arrive in a sealed envelope or in official electronic format from the issuing institution. Photocopies of records are not official.

Please include military transcripts, if applicable. Also, feel free to check out our Office of Veterans' Services for more resources.

Please allow up to three weeks for the Registrar and Records Office to complete an official evaluation of your general education coursework. If you have questions about the evaluation process, please contact the Registrar and Records Office at or (208) 792-2223.

3. See How Your Credits Will Transfer (Optional)

Two ways:

1. Create an account at Transferology

2. Check out CollegeSource

4. Track Your Application

When you finish your application, feel free to check your application status.

Once all admission documents are received, you will be notified of your acceptance in one to two weeks. After receiving your acceptance letter, you should check out the admitted student process.


Frequently Asked Questions

I submitted everything, now what?

You will receive notification of your admission status (i.e., accepted for regular, tentative, or provisional admission, probation, and denial) via mail. Once accepted, your transcript(s) will be evaluated by the Registrar & Records Office.

How soon after I apply will I hear if I have been accepted?

Decisions on completed transfer applications are made on a rolling basis. Normally, this process takes about one to two weeks but can take up to four weeks depending on the volume of applications that are being received at that time. If you are accepted, visit our Already Admitted website to check out what's next.

Can I be admitted off an unofficial transcript?

Yes! Students can be tentatively admitted off unofficial college transcripts. All unofficial college transcripts must include your full name, institution, grade points, credits, and grade point average. Full admission will be granted once we receive all official college transcripts.

What are the Admission Standards for transfer students?

Check out our Admission Standards here. Notice that the standards vary for academic degree-seeking applicants and career and technical education degree-seeking applicants and by age.

How long does the credit evaluation process take?

Official transfer credit evaluations will take place after you have been accepted for admission as a degree seeking applicant by the Registrar and Records Office. This process is typically completed approximately 14 business days after you are admitted. The evaluation period may fluctuate depending on the Transfer Evaluator's workload.

Once this process is completed, click here to get instructions on how to access your Transfer Equivalency Report via WarriorWeb.

If you have questions regarding this process, please contact the Registrar and Records Office at or (208) 792-2223.

How do I view my Transfer Equivalency Report?

Once admitted, you may view your Transfer Equivalency Report on WarriorWeb. Click here to get instructions on how to access your Transfer Equivalency Report via WarriorWeb.

If you have questions regarding this process, please contact the Registrar and Records Office at or (208) 792-2223.

Are there scholarships for transfer students?

Yes! LCSC offers transfer student specific scholarships. We also highly recommend submitting a General Scholarship application. Last, you will want to submit your FASFA (FASFA school code: 001621), which will determine your eligibility for federal and state aid. All three forms can be accessed through the Financial Aid website. You should submit all financial aid forms by our March 1st priority deadline for priority consideration.

Have questions about financial aid? Visit our Financial Aid FAQ website.

For more information regarding the specific types of financial aid available to you, please contact the Financial Aid office at or (208) 792-2224.

Do I have to live on-campus? What about off-campus options?

Transfer students are able to live on- or off-campus. On-campus housing and assignments are based on the date deposits are received. Once on-campus housing is full, students can continue to apply and be placed on a waitlist. Visit the Residence Life site to learn about on-campus and some off-campus options.

If you have questions about housing, please contact Residence Life at or (208) 792-2053.

How do I register for classes?

You will attend a brief college information session before meeting with an advisor/representative from your division. This is a great opportunity to discuss your credits, program plan, and schedule. Once you have been admitted, sign up to attend STAR (Student Advising and Registration), where you will go to the information session and then meet with your assigned advisor to select a course schedule. This will help ease your transition to LCSC.

If you have been admitted, but have not received an email with this information, please contact Career & Advising Services at (208) 792-2313.

How to Register:

  1. Be certain that you have all holds cleared. Students with holds (Library, Security, etc.) will not be allowed to register.
  2. Meet with your academic advisor. Once you have been advised, your advisor will ‘release’ an electronic hold that will allow you to access Web registration.
  3. Log on to WarriorWeb and complete the Conditions of Registration.
  4. Access Student Planning in WarriorWeb.

If you experience technical difficulty (logins, passwords, etc.) contact the Helpdesk at (208) 792-2231. If you have concerns regarding content (credits, courses, etc.), contact the Registrar and Records Office at or (208) 792-2223.

I have some questions that are very specific to me and my application. Who should I reach out to?

If you have questions that are specific to you and your application to LCSC, please contact the Admissions Office at or (208) 792-2210 or (208) 792-2378 or directly from Meet the Admissions Specialists page.

LCSC Transfer Viewbook 2017 Cover

Click on picture to view our Transfer Viewbook


- Fall Semester August 8
- Spring Semester January 8

Financial Aid 
- Priority deadline for Fall Semester is March 1

Have questions?

Admissions Specialists

LC Express Logo 391X122Click on the picture to view our specialized transfer program designed for students from North Idaho College, College of Western Idaho, College of Southern Idaho, Treasure Valley Community College, Walla Walla Community College, and Community Colleges of Spokane.

Other resources:

Transfer Policies and Procedures

Articulation Agreements

Nursing Transfer Guides

ID State Board of Education Articulation Policy

WA State Community Colleges Transfer Policy

How to Access Your Tranfer Equivalency Report