LEWISTON, Idaho – Lewis-Clark State College officials will hold a ceremony to dedicate a historical sign that will be located near the north entrance of the college’s Administration Building on April 27 at part of its 125th anniversary celebration.
The dedication, which is open to the public, will start at 11 a.m. in front of the north entrance to the building. LCSC President J. Anthony (Tony) Fernandez will give a welcome before the unveiling of the sign. Local historian Steven Branting will follow with a short talk about the building.
The sign features pictures and a brief history of the Administration Building at LCSC. The sign is entitled “a gift from fire” and discusses how the building came about following a fire on Dec. 5, 1917, that destroyed most of the original Administration Building. Construction on the current Administration Building started on July 7, 1919 and it was dedicated on Nov. 18, 1921.
The college has several events planned throughout the year to celebrate its 125th anniversary. LCSC began the celebration on Jan. 27 of this year, which marked the 125th anniversary of Idaho Gov. William J. McConnell authorizing the establishment of Lewiston State Normal School in 1893.
Also on April 27, LCSC will dedicate its new row of trees along 7th Avenue, called President’s Row, at 3 p.m.
To learn more about LCSC’s 125th anniversary and future events, visit https://125.lcsc.edu.