Colleague is the administrative software suite used across campus. For Purchasing functions, you will primarily use XREQM for entering requisitions. Employees new to LCSC or new to entering requisitions will start by filling out the Online Requisition Training Request and returning it to Purchasing. When you are set up in the Test area, Purchasing will contact you and walk you through the training process.
- Complete the P-Card Application form and submit to the next level of authority for approval.
- Complete the P-Card Tutorial and take the quick quiz at the end*.
- Complete the P-Cardholder Agreement form and submit to the Purchasing Office, along with the signed P-Card Application form.
- Who will manage your P-Card, maintain your records? You and the designated P-Card Manager for your card will complete the P-Card Manager Agreement.
- Your department head will complete the Department Head P-Card Agreement.
Once the card is ordered, it typically arrives in 2-3 business days. You will get an email from Purchasing with instructions for picking up and activating your card.
Within 24 hours of picking up the P-Card, a welcome message will be sent via email providing the link to the WORKS system along with your login and temporary password.
*This is changing and the website will be updated.
The Department P-Card Manager's role is to review all transactions to ensure compliance with all State of Idaho and institutional policies. The P-Card Manager maintains the monthly transaction logs and presents them to the P-Cardholder for further review.
Here are the steps to take to assign a Department P-Card Manager:
- The Department P-Card Manager Agreement will need to be filled out, signed, and turned into Purchasing.
- The 30-minute P-Card Training tutorial needs to be watched.*
- When the Agreement and the quiz results have been received by Purchasing, the Department P-Card Manager will be set up in Works to manage the P-Cardholder's transactions.
*This is changing and the website will be updated.
Using a P-Card
The easiest way to make a purchase under $2,000 is to use the P-Card. (Exceptions: prohibited P-Card purchases.) In fact, the following transactions are P-Card mandatory unless a department does not have one:
- Enterprise Rent A Car
- Campus Bookstore
- Global Travel
- Home Depot
- Map Travel
- Office Depot
Check to see if the item is available on a Statewide Contract. Most are mandatory use, meaning that departments purchasing the specific product or service are required by State law to use them.
Using a Purchase Order
Important: Contact Purchasing for a Purchase Order number prior to placing the order.
Place your order and then enter it into Colleague as soon as possible. Don’t wait for the invoice, or for the order to come in; when the invoice arrives the PO should already be in place in Colleague.
Purchases over $2,000 (but under $10,000) require that all approvals be completed in Colleague prior to ordering. The process for this:
- Enter the req in Colleague. Where you would normally enter the req/PO number provided by Purchasing, hit enter and let the system assign a requisition number. (Note: this is NOT a Purchase Order and is not to be provided to the vendor.)
- Manually add your department's Dean or VP (Direct Reports will add the President's Executive Assistant).
- Email any quote or ordering information to Purchasing.
- When all approvals have been obtained, Purchasing will assign a PO number and email the Purchase Order to the company.
Orders over $10,000 must be submitted on a paper requisition with clear and complete specifications/descriptions. If the items are not on a Statewide Contract or otherwise exempt, Purchasing will need to solicit quotations. If you know which vendors you want to be contacted, write them on the requisition.
All approval signatures, including that of the Controller's Office, need to be obtained prior to submitting the requisition. If you are not sure who needs to approve, contact Purchasing.
Whenever equipment/property is disposed of or transferred to another state agency, a Property Disposal Form must be completed and sent to the Purchasing Office prior to disposal.
- Download and complete the form by providing as much information as possible. Including:
- LCSC Inventory tag #
- Description of item
- Condition codes (see codes listed on form)
- Original cost, if known
- Estimated value of equipment
- Indicate which disposal method you will be using by placing an "X" in the appropriate box (or boxes) numbered 01-12.
- Be sure to sign the form electronically.
- Email the completed form to Purchasing.
- Wait for a copy signed by the Purchasing Director to be returned to you before disposing of the property. You should receive the signed copy within 7-10 days.
All furniture needs to be purchased using the State of Idaho furniture contracts, or Idaho Correctional Industries. Please contact Purchasing for a current list of contacts. We request that you communicate with the company reps so that they can provide you with options to choose from that will meet your needs.
If an item is installed on, plugged into, or otherwise connected to a campus computer or any campus network, it must be approved by the IT Director before it is purchased.
Please read here for complete instructions.
While the majority of IT items should be ordered by Purchasing, some "office supply" type items, such a USB drives, keyboards, and wireless mice may be ordered by the department with prior approval from the IT Director.
All office supplies are to be purchased through the state contract with Office Depot. Please contact Purchasing if you would like to be set up with a login.
The majority of Office Depot orders are delivered directly to your office the next day.
If you have been approved to enter requisitions*, you will receive training from Purchasing. If you have forgotten how to do something, or if you have any questions or problems, please call or email Purchasing and we will be happy to assist you.
* See "How Do I get Started Entering Reqs in Colleague" under The Basics above.
If you have been designated to approve requisitions in Colleague, IT will set you up with an Approval ID, and Purchasing will contact you with instructions. If you have received this instruction and require further assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to help.
CF-Financial System Mnemonics
XBAL-Use for Fund Balance Information on Local Accounts. e.g. 904601
XBUD-Use for Summary Information for cost centers with Budgets; e.g. 904101
AP- Accounts Payable
VENI –Use the Vendor Activity Inquiry (VENI) screen to view all purchasing activity with the specified vendor, includes total year-to-date numbers.
VRAI –Use the Voucher AR Inquiry (VRAI) screen to view vouchers processed though the Accounts Receivable module; student refunds, travel payments.
VOUI –Use the Voucher Inquiry (VOUI) screen to view information about a voucher.
CHKI –Use the Check Inquiry (CHKI) screen to view a list of all vouchers that were paid by a particular check.
RINQ – Use the Requisition Inquiry (RINQ) screen to view status information about a requisition. RQ number required.
PINQ –Use the Purchase Order Inquiry (PINQ) screen to view status information about a purchase order. PO number required.
GL- General Ledger
GLJI – Use the General Ledger Journal Entry Inquiry (GLJI) to display information about journal entries reflected on Financial reports.
ENCI – Use the Encumbrance Inquiry (ENCI) screen to display information about outstanding encumbrances for a specified 15 digit GL account number.
AHST - Use GL Account History Inquiry (AHST) to view historical summary information about a specific GL account number. Includes data back to 1995.
FX- Fixed Assets
FXIN - Use the Fixed Assets Inquiry (FXIN) screen to inquire about numerical tagged assets. Tag number required.