The Writing Center
Become a better writer today!
The LCSC Writing Center is a tutoring service free to all students, which provides the opportunity to discuss their writing with trained peer consultants in a comfortable, collaborative space.
- Open Monday-Thursday 9:00-5:00 and Friday 9:00-12:00
- Appointments not necessary, but preferred
- Send a digital copy of your assignment one hour before appointment or visit, and an assignment sheet if possible
- Tutors can help with many research styles and genres of writing
Schedule an Appointment or Consultation
Would you like feedback on your writing? Fill out our consultation request form! The Writing Center offers three consultation options:
• In-Person / Face-to-Face Appointment (meet with a tutor personally)
• Zoom Appointment (meet with a tutor over Zoom)
• Online / Email Consultation (feedback will be emailed to you)
Once you complete the consultation request form, a tutor will reach out to confirm your appointment or provide feedback via email.
If you haven't heard back from the Writing Center within two business days, please contact us via phone or email for more information.
Apply to Become a Writing Tutor
As a Writing Tutor, you will learn how to assist students with their writing, formatting, and critical thinking skills. This position will also provide you with many opportunities to hone your skills in communication, leadership, and more! If you're interested in becoming a Writing Tutor, please apply today.