Hybrid Social Work Program
Be among the most in demand! Graduates of the LCSC Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program are among the most qualified and prepared human service professionals in the region.
The Hybrid Social Work Program is an extension of the Lewiston Program. It offers a unique combination of on-line and hybrid social work courses. Hybrid courses are taught predominately on-line with two pre-scheduled Saturday face-to-face intensives. During these intensives, students will come to the Lewiston or Coeur d'Alene campus to receive instruction from their professors and participate in skill-based practice with peers.
To begin enrolling in 300 level Hybrid courses, students must electronically complete the Hybrid Statement of Intent to indicate their intent in taking all their courses within this cohort. To complete the form electronically, fill out the form in the web browser, download it, then submit to [email protected] Hybrid Statement of Intent forms are accepted based on criteria and space available.
Formal Application Process
Students in the Hybrid Program may have already completed their general education requirements or may take them concurrently with their social work courses. As each individual is unique, students will be assigned an advisor to plan their course schedule. During the fall semester prior to their senior year, students formally apply to the Accredited Social Work Program. Provisional acceptance may be given if students are in progress towards these requirements.
- Completed 30 credits of General Education, including core Math and English 101
- Completed SW140: Introduction to Social Work and SW241: Social Work Generalist Practice with a B- or better
- Achieved an overall GPA of 2.5 or better
- Achieved a social work GPA of 2.7 or better
For your convenience, we've included two email scripts that allow you to personalize your request for professional references. One acknowledges that you waive your right to review the reference, while the other maintains your right to view the reference.
Field Application Documents
- Following admission to the program, students prepare for their following year's field education by submitting Field Application, due December 1st. See instructions within the application.
- Please review Medical Documentation expectations that are required within the Field Application.
- Visit Where to Go if you are looking for a location near you to complete your medical documentation.
Social Work faculty are dedicated to working individually with each student in developing their graduation plan. There are 18 required Social Work courses and a predesigned sequence in which they should be taken. Here are two potential options that might fit your current need.
For a complete description of our program and faculty and student expectations, please explore our Student Handbook..
For a complete list of requirements, view our Social Work Program Plan. For a complete list of accepted Social Work Diversity/Language elective courses, from LCSC download Diversity Courses, from North Idaho College download NIC Diversity Courses.