Read&Write is a big confidence booster for anyone who needs a little support with their reading and writing, at school or in the workplace. And its friendly literacy features help English Language Learners, as well as people with learning difficulties or those requiring dyslexia tools.
LC State students, faculty and staff have FREE access to Read&Write, an award-winning literacy software tool that can help students improve reading, writing, research and study skills. From hearing emails or documents read out loud to text prediction, picture dictionaries, summary highlighters and a grammar, spelling and confusable words checker, Read&Write makes many everyday literacy tasks simpler, quicker and more accurate. Visit the Read&Write Website for more information about the software.
How do I get Read&Write?
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search Read&Write (no spaces), then install the app
- After the app is installed on your device, open the app
- You will be brought to a Welcome Screen, here you will tap Start Setup Wizard
- Tap Enable Keyboard
- Tap Make Default
- Choose: ‘Yes I am an existing Read&Write customer’, then tap Next Step
- Enter in LC State’s serial number- 440551445879047223
- Choose the options that you would like the program to do, then you are finished
If you have trouble downloading Read&Write, contact the IT Helpdesk at (208) 792-2231.
How do I learn to use Read&Write?
The best way to learn to use Read&Write is from the amazing documentation TextHelp has online. Texthelp is famous for innovative, high quality assistive software that helps all kinds of learners communicate with more confidence. Visit the Read&Write Support Website or check out videos on YouTube Read&Write has created.
- If you want help in-person learning this amazing tool contact Accessibility Services at (208) 792-2677.