Certificates of Insurance
Certificates of Insurance - LC State
Other businesses may request that LC State provide them with a certificate of insurance as proof of the college's insurance coverage. The State of Idaho's Tort Claims limit is $500,000 per occurrence. The State of Idaho has a Retained Risk Fund which protects state entities like LC State under the Idaho Tort Claims Act. If an outside organization requests higher liability limits, contact Risk Management and we can contact the organization to negotiate lower limits, whenever possible.
To request a certificate, complete the Certificate of Insurance Request form with the following information and email it along with a copy of your contract to Risk Management. The normal turnaround time for Certificates is two or three days. Please allow one to two weeks lead time to process certificate requests.
- Who: Who is actually putting the event on? Is it an LCSC sponsored event?
- What: Identification as to what the event or activity is about and its name?
- When: What dates will the event or activity take place?
- Where: Where will the event be held?
- Why: Why is a certificate of insurance required and in what amount? Is it required? By contract or agreement?
- When needed and to whom the COI needs to be sent.
Certificates of Insurance - 3rd Parties
LC State requires proof of insurance from third parties (companies, organizations, vendors, contractors, agencies, or other groups) who use campus facilities for events or who provide services to the college.
To assure appropriate insurance is in place to protect the college, email the Insurance Requirements form to to the third party, who can give it to their insurance agent.
LC State's insurance requirements are:
1. Commercial General Liability Insurance - Add LC State as additional insured
Insured shall maintain (CGL) coverage with limits of not less than $1,000,000 each occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate.
2. Automobile Liability - Add LC State as additional insured
If the use of a personal or company owned vehicle is used in the scope of their business, insured shall maintain auto liability coverage with limits of not less than $1,000,000 for each accident.
3. Workers Compensation
Worker's Compensation coverage must meet all statutory requirements.
4. Additional Insured Endorsement
All policies, except Workers’ Compensation, shall name Lewis-Clark State College, 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, Idaho 83501 as an additional insured. A copy of the Additional Insured Endorsement must be attached to the certificate verifying that the insured’s policy(s) has been endorsed as required.
Upon receipt of the Certificate of Insurance forward to Admin Services, [email protected], for review.