Report Foreign Travel

Travel for LC State business outside the United States needs to be reported to Administrative Services (email: [email protected]) for the traveler to have insurance coverage through the State of Idaho. As soon as you are aware of your planned travel, download and send this completed form, International Travel Risk Management Notification, to [email protected]. The form will require the following information.

  • Destination
  • Dates of Travel
  • Job Classification
  • Reason for Travel (conference, trade show, sabbatical, or teaching)
  • Itinerary

Upon receipt of this information, your trip will be added to the state foreign travel insurance coverage program by the Administrative Coordinator in Administrative Services.

The Foreign Travel Executive Assistance Plan is designed to assist college employees while traveling in foreign countries on college business and is provided at no cost to the employee or department. The Foreign Travel Program provides medical coverage. If you are an LC State employee injured while traveling on official college business, you are covered through workers’ compensation.

If you are injured during a personal portion of a trip, your personal health insurance coverage applies. Employees should check with their health insurance carrier for more details regarding personal medical coverage during foreign travel.

Foreign Travel liability coverage for college faculty and employees is being provided through ACE USA administered through a policy with the State of Idaho.

Read about your destination at the Department of State for any travel warnings for the country you are about to visit at:  Sign up for the free Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at this website to receive safety alerts and stay in contact with the US Embassy.

This Foreign Travel policy covers college employees anywhere in the world excluding the USA, its territories and possessions, Puerto Rico, and any country or jurisdiction which is subject to trade or economic sanctions imposed by laws and regulations of the USA. For a current list of these jurisdictions or countries, please refer to the U.S. Department of the Treasury (OFAC)

Supplemental insurance can also be obtained. The college recommends The traveler may be responsible for the cost of this insurance. Check with your Dean and or supervisor. It is at their discretion who pays for supplemental insurance, the college, or the traveler.

Outline of benefits provided

  • Medical Assistance – including referral to a doctor or medical specialist, medical monitoring when you are hospitalized, emergency medical evacuation to an adequate facility, medically necessary repatriation, and return of mortal remains.
  • Personal Assistance – including pre-trip medical referral information, emergency medication (while on a trip), embassy and consular information, lost document assistance (while on a trip), emergency message transmission, emergency cash advance (while on a trip), referral to a lawyer (while on a trip), translator/interpreter access (while on a trip), medical benefits verification and medical claims assistance (while on a trip).
  • Travel Assistance – including emergency travel arrangements, the return of traveling companion/dependents, and return of the vehicle.

Worldwide assistance can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-766-8206 from the USA or Canada or if you are outside the USA or Canada, call collect (202) 659-7777. When you call, please have the following information ready:

  1. Name of caller, phone number, fax number, relationship to the patient.
  2. Patient’s name, age, sex, and policy number.
  3. A description of the patient’s condition.
  4. Name, location, and telephone number of the hospital.
  5. Name and telephone numbers for the treating doctor, including where and when the doctor can be reached.
  6. Health insurance information, workers’ compensation, or automobile insurance information if the patient had an accident.

By requesting assistance, you agree to assign Worldwide Assistance your rights to recover from any responsible insurers any expenses Worldwide Assistance incurs.