Small Property Coverage (Inland Marine)
Inland Marine Insurance is optional coverage for small property items and offers a lower deductible of $100.00 per occurrence. This coverage is also referred to as small property coverage. This coverage is used to insure property subject to theft or breakage, or property that is frequently transported, for example, laptops, cell phones, and tablets. Items must have a replacement value between $200 – $2500.
To add or remove items from small property coverage, contact Administrative Services with the following information:
- Replacement value.
- Serial number, and/or State tag number, if assigned.
- Description of item.
- Name of Division.
The following items are not eligible for Inland Marine coverage:
- Real Property or Buildings.
- Automobiles or vehicles licensed for the road.
- Mobile equipment of any nature (mobile equipment is any motorized equipment not licensed for highway use).
- Consumable Properties (office supplies, etc.).
- Property held in inventory (items discovered missing after an inventory check).
Any questions about property insurance should be directed to Administrative Services.
Reporting College Property Loss
Any and all losses or damage to either college buildings or other property should be reported immediately by contacting Administrative Services and by using the Property Loss Report.
Losses from theft, vandalism or other crimes must be reported to Security and the Lewiston Police Department.
Documents needed to process the claim
- Property Loss Report with 24 hours. Please call Administrative Services immediately when fire or flood are the cause of damage.
- Requisitions and invoices to repair damage to include supplies, parts, and labor.
- The police report, if available.
- Photographs of damage.