Reporting Damage to College Owned or Leased Vehicles

Any accident or damage to a vehicle needs to be reported to Administrative Services by completing the Auto Accident Report guide within 24 hours. The auto accident report guides can be found online or in the glove compartment of college-owned cars along with proof of insurance, and instructions for filing claims to be given to the other party in case of an accident.

  • If the accident occurred on the LC State campus, immediately contact Security and the Lewiston Police Department.
  • If it occurred elsewhere, contact the police department for that jurisdiction.
  • Do not leave the scene of the accident and do not admit fault.
  • Obtain the license number, make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) involved and all pertinent information from the other party(s).
  • Complete the State of Idaho Auto Accident Report Guide and return the form to Administrative Services within 24 hours, if possible.
  • The same procedure above is used for reporting damage to a Hertz or Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Enterprise Rental Vehicles

  • For employees who are traveling on business, Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides free primary collision damage coverage to the full value of the vehicle on rental vehicles.
  • It is mandatory that you reserve the Enterprise Rental car using an LC State purchase order number received from the Controller's office or an LC State P-Card to receive the state contract benefits.
  • State employees are required to use Enterprise Rent-A-Car or Hertz when renting vehicles for official business.

Contact Security Before Driving

If a student, faculty, or staff member will be driving college-owned or leased vehicles they will need to be cleared for driving through Security. To do that please contact Security at 208-792-2225. See Policy 4.112 Use of College-Owned and College-Rented Vehicles for more detailed information.