Reporting Damage to College Owned or Leased Vehicles
Any accident or damage to a vehicle needs to be reported to Administrative Services by completing the auto accident report guide within 24 hours. The auto accident report guides can be found on-line or in the glove compartment of college-owned cars along with proof of insurance, and instructions for filing claims to be given to the other party in case of an accident.
- If the accident occurred on the LC State campus, immediately contact Security and the Lewiston Police Department.
- If it occurred elsewhere, contact the police department for that jurisdiction.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident and do not admit fault.
- Obtain the license number, make, model, and year of the vehicle(s) involved and all pertinent information from the other party(s).
- Complete the State of Idaho Auto Accident Report Guide and return the form to Administrative Services within 24 hours, if possible.
- The same procedure above is used for reporting damage to a Hertz or Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Enterprise Rental Vehicles
- For employees who are traveling on business, Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides free primary collision damage coverage to the full value of the vehicle on rental vehicles.
- It is mandatory that you reserve the Enterprise Rental car using an LC State purchase order number received from the Controller's office or an LC State P-Card to receive the state contract benefits.
- State employees are required to use Enterprise Rent-A-Car or Hertz when renting vehicles for official business.
Contact Security Before Driving
If a student, faculty, or staff member will be driving college-owned or leased vehicles they will need to be cleared for driving through Security. To do that please contact Security at 208-792-2225. See Policy 4.112 Use of College-Owned and College-Rented Vehicles for more detailed information.