Non-Degree Seeking Student
Do you want to acquire training or skills for your job? Do you want to transfer credits to another institution? Maybe you just want to have fun or try something new. Whatever your reason, we are happy to have you join us at LC State. Applying is easy, and it’s free!
How to Apply
If you do not wish to apply as a degree-seeking student you may apply as a non-degree seeking student. Please keep in mind:
- Non-degree seeking students are limited to enrolling in 11 credits or fewer each term, up to a maximum of 30 credits.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid or veteran benefits.
- Idaho residents age 60 and over can take classes for a reduced fee.
If you are taking courses to fulfill requirements at another school, please check to see if the course you wish to take has a pre-requisite. If it does and that pre-requisite is completed at your current school, LC State will need an unofficial transcript to allow you to register for the course.
The online application takes about 10-15 minutes to complete and is free to submit.
You can also complete the paper application and return it to the Admissions Office in person or mail it to 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501.
- Aug 08Fall Semester
- Jan 08Spring Semester
Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive notification of your admission status and instructions on what to do next via e-mail as soon as we receive all admission documents from you.
In the meantime, check out our I've Already Applied page to see what your next steps are.
Decisions on completed applications are made on a rolling basis. Normally, this process takes about one to two business days for Non-Degree Seeking applicants. You should receive an e-mail with instructions on what to do next.
Your next step is to enroll in classes through WarriorWeb. Here’s how to get started:
- Call the Registrar’s Office at 208-792-2223 to activate your non-degree program.
- Log into WarriorWeb.
- Click on the Students menu.
- Under Academics, click on Student Planning and Registration.
- A new window should open, click on Student Planning in the top left hand corner of the screen and then select Conditions of Registration.
- You will need to read through and complete the Conditions of Registration before you can register for classes.
If you experience technical difficulty (logins, passwords, etc.) contact the Helpdesk at 208-792-2231. If you have concerns regarding content (credits, courses, etc.), contact the Registrar's Office at [email protected] or 208-792-2223.
Your program status will remain active for two years. If you are inactive for more than four semesters, you will need to submit a new application.
If you have questions that are specific to you and your application to LC State, please contact the Admissions Office at [email protected], 208-792-2210, or 208-792-2378. You can also contact an Admissions Specialist directly.