LEWISTON, Idaho – On November 20, 2013 Lewis-Clark State College hosted its first TEDx event. Titled TEDxLCSC, it took place in the LCSC Library Telecommunications Classroom and featured eight speakers whose talks ranged from “Gender and Disability” to “Quest for Self.”
On Friday night February 7, from 6 – 8 p.m., organizers of TEDxLCSC are hosting a “Viewing Party” of TEDxLCSC at the Silverthorne Theater, located in the LCSC Administration Building. It will be an opportunity to view the talks that were presented and recorded in November. The event is free and open to the public. Dessert and discussion will follow the video presentation.
In the spirit of the TED and TEDx organization of “ideas worth sharing,” the talks are also available for the world to view on YouTube TEDxLCSC-11/20/2013.
The TEDxLCSC Viewing Party promises to be an evening of engaging talks, delicious desserts, and conversation to celebrate the great ideas and people in our community. Attendees are welcome to come for the whole evening or stop in for just a few of the talks. Listed below are the approximate times of each talk.
Viewing party schedule:
- 6 p.m. - TEDx introduction video and welcome by organizers and hosts Jeanette Gara-Betzold, Gail Lombardi, Taylor Hyde, and Savona Holmes
- 6:10 p.m. - Rene’ Johnston-Gingrich: “Does Opportunity Have a Shelf Life?”
- 6:25 p.m. - Eleanor Pepi Downey: “Accompanying as Metaphor”
- 6:35 p.m. - Lisa Culp: “Future Stories for Offenders”
- 6:50 p.m. - David P. Wiseman: “Frames for the Future”
- 7:05 p.m. - Angel Sobotta: “Wisdom Sits in Places: The Niimiipu Land”
- 7:25 p.m. - Darci Graves: “On Gender and Disability”
- 7:35 p.m. - Mike Owen: “Quest for Self”
- 7:45 p.m. - Rhett Diessner: “The Psychology of Love and Beauty”
For more information, please contact Jeanette Gara-Betzold at [email protected]