LEWISTON, Idaho - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Lewis-Clark State College has designed a new workshop specifically for people thinking about selling their business. The workshop is titled Business Valuation for Buyers and Sellers and takes place this Friday, April 04, from 9:00 am to 11:30 a.m. in Room 12 of the LCSC Administration Building.
“We have lined up an attorney, CPA, lender, and an appraiser to speak, and they are all going to take questions,” said Barbara Leachman, SBDC Director.
Although the title also targets buyers, Leachman says the main interest has been from those considering selling.
Topics covered at the workshop include:
• Marketing the business and online tools
• Information about the business typically shared with buyers
• Information buyers should be prepared to share with sellers
• Preparing your business for the sale or transfer
• The income, asset and market approaches to valuation
• The roles of your SBDC consultant, attorney, accountant, banker, and appraiser
Speakers include Barbara Leachman; Su Brown, CPA; John Lane, CEDA Lender; Paul Burris, Attorney, and Gary Chase, Appraiser.