LEWISTON, Idaho – The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Lewis-Clark State College has released its lineup of upcoming workshops planned for this fall.
The Business Essentials Series, meant for those who are thinking about starting or have already started a small business or entrepreneurial venture, will feature seven workshops with the next being held on Monday, Sept. 28, and the last on Nov. 16. The full series schedule, including location and cost, is listed below. All workshops run from 5:30-8 p.m.
- Sept. 28 – “Entrepreneurial Essentials” with Barbara Leachman at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 229 ($30)
- Oct. 5 – “Managing the Money” presented by Barbara Leachman at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 229 ($30)
- Oct. 12 – “Advertising” presented by John Roy at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 229 (free)
- Oct. 19 – “Avoiding Small Business Legal Problems” cosponsored by Beautiful Downtown Lewiston, presented by attorneys Paul Burris and Tod Geidl at Jollymores Restaurant, 1516 Main in Lewiston (free)
- Oct. 26 – “Website Success with SEO & Marketing” presented by Jeff Purcell at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 229 (free)
- Nov. 2 – “Succession Planning” presented by attorney Chris Moore at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 229 (free)
- Nov. 9 – “Customer Service & Sales” presented by Douglas Cruthirds at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 229 (free)
- Nov. 16 – “Franchises” presented by Charlie Magee at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 229 (free)
Su Brown, a local certified public accountant, will be teaching three QuickBooks workshops for the SBDC in October. These will run from 5:30-8 p.m. each evening as well.
- Oct. 6 – “Working with QuickBooks” at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 122 ($45)
- Oct. 13 – “QuickBooks Payroll Part 1” at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 122 ($45)
- Oct. 20 – “QuickBooks Payroll Part 2” at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex Rm. 122 ($45)
Jacob Stevens will present a new workshop for the SBDC entitled, “Ready, Set, Grow Your Wordpress Website.” It is cosponsored by the University of Idaho Extension Service and will cover helping businesses create a website from scratch. The free workshop will feature part one on Oct. 27 and part two on Nov. 3. Both will run from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and be held at LCSC Sam Glenn Complex (Rm. 122).
Gene Hamacher from Idaho TechHelp will teach “Lean Manufacturing 101” on Nov. 12 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Oscar’s Restaurant in Grangeville, Idaho. To register for this workshop only call 208-426-3764. The cost is $250 and some discounts are available.
To register for all other workshops visit the SBDC website or for more information call 208-792-2465. Preregistration is required for all events.