LEWISTON, Idaho – Lewis-Clark State College honored 15 faculty and staff members at its annual Faculty & Staff Recognition event on Friday afternoon at the college’s Williams Conference Center.
The event honored faculty and staff members for their service during the 2022-23 academic year and awards were announced by LC State administrators. The Office of the Provost organizes the event with sponsorship from the LC State Foundation.
Along with the faculty and staff awards, longtime college supporter and alum Liz Chavez was honored with the President’s Award for Excellence in Diversity & Cross-Cultural Understanding. Chavez is a 1970 graduate of the college and taught for more than 30 years in the Lewiston-Clarkston Valley, including several years at Lincoln Middle School. She also continues to serve on the LC State Foundation Board, where she was board president from 2017-19.
Chavez has won several awards at the college, most recently when she was honored in March at the LC State Women’s Leadership Conference with the Community Award.
The 2022-23 list of award winners is as follows:
- President’s Award for Outstanding Teaching – Teresa Nash, Technical & Industrial Division; Seth Bradshaw, Humanities Division, Christina Brando-Subis, Teacher Education & Mathematics Division.
- H.L. Talkington Achievement Award – Leif Hoffmann, Social Sciences Division.
- LCSC Foundation Award – Teri Rust, Social Sciences Division.
- Annice Edmundson Faculty Excellence Award – Suzanne Rousseau, Teacher Education & Mathematics Division; Rebecca Snider, Business Technology & Service Division; Bryce Kammers, Humanities Division.
- Fernandez Faculty Achievement Award – Peter Remien, Humanities Division; Leanne Parker, Social Sciences Division; Randy Eriksen, Business & Computer Science Division.
- Adjunct Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence – Holly Hall, adjunct clinical faculty, Nursing & Health Sciences Division.
- Dr. Cameron D. & Marilyn K. Hinman Employee Excellence Award – Nina Peterson, Business & Computer Science Division.
- President’s Award for Excellence in Diversity & Cross-Cultural Understanding – Liz Chavez.
- Classified Staff Award – Lauren Grijalva, management assistant, School of Professional Studies.
- Professional Staff Award – Tiffany Pilon, program advisor, Nursing & Health Sciences Division.
Retiring this year (years at LC State) – Geri Seale (36), Ed Miller (34), Rob McDonald (23), Lawrence Norris (22), Brian Orr (22), Nancy Lee-Painter (17), Julie Scoles (16), Debbie Gourluck (15), Gwen Sullivan (15), Melinda Tompkins (15), Tami Jeffords (14).