Graduate Certificate in Nursing Management & Leadership
Build on your experience and gain additional knowledge and skills toward a new career path. Coursework covers healthcare leadership and management, including skills that are applicable to executive administration with a diverse population in a global society.
This graduate certificate program is for BSN-prepared nurses and consists of five courses (13 credits) that can be completed fully online.
- Human Resource Management examines personnel functions including staffing, appraisal systems, training and development, labor-management relations, compensation, and safety.
- Healthcare Policy discusses emerging trends in healthcare and world health systems, accrediting trends within healthcare institutions, and government and political influence on the provision of healthcare.
- Healthcare Economics explores leading from a financial perspective including budgeting, cost-benefit analysis, non-profit and for-profit hospitals, the organization of health insurance markets, and health system reform.
- Internship in Nursing provides the opportunity to engage with a healthcare leader to design, execute, and present a healthcare management capstone project that synthesizes knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program.
- BUS 512: Human Resource Management
- BUS 513: Organizational Behavior or BUS 560: Leadership
- NU 582: Healthcare Policy
- NU 584: Healthcare Economics
- NU 594: Internship in Nursing