Career Fair Tips
We know that networking and making connections can be intimidating, but we're here to help you secure your next internship or job, expand your professional network, and gain more insight into your own career decision-making.
A career fair is an event where employers and student are able to meet, make connections, and discuss job/internship opportunities.
A career fair is a beneficial opportunity for many reasons. It allows you the chance to network with employers, research companies, establish professional relationships, discuss job/internship opportunities, and possibly even land an interview on the spot!
The key to a successful career fair experience is preparation and follow-up. Quick tips:
- Research the list of participating employers
- Have you resume reviewed and copies with you
- Prepare your 30 second elevator speech
- Grab some professional business attire (check out our professional clothing closet in SUB 202!)
- Attend career fair prep workshops offered through the Student Employment-Career Center. Check out Handshake for a full listing.
Visit this site for a complete list of tips & tricks.
You can view a list of employers registered for the career fair on Handshake. Click on "Events" and then "Find Career Fairs" to find the LC Fair.
Business professional attire (this means suit jackets) is recommended for all students and alumni attending Career Fairs. Business casual is recommended at a minimum — no sweats, and no denim.
• Clothing should be clean. Neutral colors are recommended.
• Hair should be neat and clean in a style that keeps hair out of the face.
• Nails should be clean and trimmed.
• Avoid cologne or heavy perfume.
• Avoid overly distracting accessories, jewelry and makeup.
• Cover visible piercings and tattoos.
Need help finishing your look? Swing by SUB 202 and check out our professional clothing closet!
Students and alumni do not need to register for career fairs.
Attendees should check-in with staff upon arrival to receive a name tag. The Student Employment—Career Center advising table is available for any last-minute advice.
The career fair will be held in the LC State Activity Center.
Transportation to the career fair will be provided for LCSC-Coeur d’Alene students. RSVP is required. Please contact Emily Parson at [email protected] for more information.