State Authorization

The State of Idaho is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and LC State is one of the approved SARA institutions in Idaho.


We adhere to an established common set of standards for offering post-secondary distance education among member states, districts, and territories. Participation in NC-SARA is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by post-secondary institutions based in another state. LC State also works directly with states that are not NC-SARA members to ensure that when authorization or licensure is necessary, required approvals are secured.

Filing a Student Complaint

We strive to resolve complaints in a fair and timely manner. Students residing inside and outside of the State of Idaho while attending LC State who desire to resolve a complaint should first do so through our dispute resolution process. You can find more information about this process in the Student Grievance Policy. To file a complaint please use the form located on the Student Affairs webpage.

If a SARA student is not satisfied with the outcome of our process or if the issue is not resolved by our internal processes, the student may choose to file an appeal with our portal agent or with their home state’s portal agent. Any SARA student wishing to file a grievance may contact the State Portal Entity Contact from their home state, or that of the institution. California students have a separate state complaint process you can find here.