Summer Financial Aid
Thinking about Summer School? Need Financial Aid? It's never too early to check on your eligibility.
Summer semester is considered the trail semester of the academic year. This means that your eligibility for Summer depends on what funding you have not used during the previous Fall and/or Spring semester.
If you have loan eligibility remaining, you may want to consider applying for it during Spring semester, especially if you will not be attending at least 6 credits during Summer. While Pell Grants can be offered for 1-5 credits (depending on eligibility), a student must be enrolled in at least 6 credits to be eligible to receive a student loan.
Pell Grant eligible students may receive an additional Pell offer. Pell Grant offers will be made to eligible students who either have remaining eligibility from the 2020-2021 academic year, or who meet the requirements for Year Round Pell. In order to qualify for Year Round Pell, the student must meet all Pell Grant eligibility requirements for Summer 2021 and be enrolled at least half-time. A Summer Financial Aid Application is required.
Remember, the credits you take during the Summer are counted in all Satisfactory Academic Progress calculations.
Summer dates and reminders
- A Summer Financial Aid Application must be completed to be considered for Summer financial aid. Students who will not be enrolled during the Summer semester, but would like to receive work-study funding should complete the Summer Work-study Application.
- Advance Registration is April 12-16, if you are requesting financial aid for the Summer do not turn in your Summer Financial Aid Application until after you have registered for your Summer courses.
- Summer is considered the trail semester of the 2020-2021 academic year, this means that for loan funding you will only be evaluated for any remaining eligibility you have available.
- You must be registered for at least 6 credits for the Summer semester to be considered for and/or receive loan funding.
- Pell Grant funding will first be offered based on any remaining eligibility from the 2020-2021 academic year you may have. Year Round Pell eligibility will then be determined if all requirements are met.
- Work-study is available for Summer. If you are interested in working on campus this summer and not taking courses, you should submit your Summer Work-study Application as soon as possible after April 1.
- Work-study funding will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funding is allocated.