Complete Exit Counseling
Exit counseling provides important information you need to prepare for repayment of your federal student loans
If you have received a subsidized or unsubsidized loan you must complete exit counseling each time you:
- Drop below half-time enrollment
- Leave school
At the end of the exit counseling session, you will be asked for information that will be included as part of your loan records. You must provide the names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers for:
- Your next of kin
- Two references who live in the U.S.
- Your future employer (if known)
To complete exit counseling, you will also need:
- Approximately 20-30 minutes for completion
- Your FSA ID
- Names of the schools you wish to notify of counseling completion
- Log on to studentaid.gov.
- Under "MANAGE LOANS" from the top ribbon, select "Complete Exit Counseling".
- Click on the blue "LOG IN TO START" button.
- Enter your FSA ID username or verified email address and password.
- Complete Exit Counseling.