Hells Canyon Institute
Discover What's Out There!
The Hells Canyon Institute is a special section of LCSC's upper division integrated seminar courses. Students will explore the deepest gorge in North America to study history, geology, botany, and wildlife in an area only accessible by boat and back-roads.
- Offered every spring with a field school during Spring Break
- Jet boat rides provided by Snake River Adventures
- Lodging at the Nature Consevancy's Garden Creek Ranch
- Taught by a variety of faculty and experts offering learning through multiple lenses
- Collaborate student project to be presented at the LCSC Symposium
- Funded by $100 course fee as well as additional grants and college support funds
- Interested students apply in Fall semester for limited seats
You are invited to apply for a special session of ID 301A “Hells Canyon Institute” to be offered Spring 2021. This course meets the upper division integrated seminar/core requirement.