Disbursement of Financial Aid Funds
Financial aid and scholarship funding is awarded by the Financial Aid Office and disbursed by Student Accounts.
If financial aid exceeds the amount of charges, residual funds are due to the student and can be processed by paper check or by direct deposit to the student’s bank account. The aid disbursement before the term begins is limited to $2500 for fall/spring semesters. Remaining residual funds will be released after enrollment has been confirmed. Residual funds are not released prior to the first day of summer sessions.
- has turned in their award letter and any other required documents and
- are enrolled in the appropriate number of credits two weeks before the fall or spring semester begins.
- Log into your WarriorWeb account and click on the Banking Information button.
- Select Add an Account – only United States banks can be used, foreign banks are not an option for direct deposit.
- Click on Activate and Next
- Enter your bank routing number, your bank account number, and what type of account.
- Read the terms and conditions, then check Agree and check the submit button.
- You will receive an onscreen and an emailed confirmation.
Students usually receive the whole semester’s financial aid funds early in the term, sometimes before the term begins. It’s kind of like an advance on a paycheck. Once an aid recipient has attended 60% of the term the federal aid is ‘fully earned’. Students who receive federal aid and do not complete 60% of the semester must repay a portion of the ‘unearned’ aid immediately. The earlier a student withdraws, the less aid they earn. Students who do not withdraw and do not pass any classes (receive all “F” grades) are also required to repay some of their financial aid. Please contact Student Accounts and/or the Financial Aid Office before you make a decision to withdraw or if you have any questions.