Post-Award denotes the processes that occur following the official notification that a proposal has been awarded to the College, including the management of an award and the close-out of an award. This page lists services and processes as well as the many of the supporting partners/offices at Lewis-Clark State College (LC State) that are available to assist researchers with award management.
- Notify the College’s Signatory Authority that a new award, or an update to an existing award, needs their approval;
- Request that the Controller’s Office create a new account, or modify an existing account;
- Work with the PI or PD to schedule a face-to-face meeting to review applicable federal, state and institutional policies and guidelines and the terms and conditions of the new award, or updates to an existing award;
- Request that the Budget Office load the award budget to the LCSC General Ledger;
- Notify the Principal Investigator (PI) or Program Director (PD) when the each of the previous actions have been completed; a PI or PD should not begin work on the award until they receive notification from the
OGC that each of the previous actions are complete;
- Assist the PI or PD with adhering to the terms and conditions of an award;
- Assist the PI or PD with fiscal oversight of an award; and
- Work with the PI or PD to close-out the award when the terms and conditions of the award have been met.
When LCSC is the recipient of an award, the OGC will provide a framework that assists the PI’s or PD’s ability to adhere to applicable federal, state and institutional policies and guidelines, and complete the terms and conditions of an award. Throughout the life of an award the PI or PD will:
- Adhere to applicable federal, state and institutional policies and guidelines:
- Adhere to the terms and conditions of the award:
- Maintain fiscal oversight of the award:
- Establish and maintain a relationship with the award’s sponsor’s/donor’s administrative contact:
- Notify the OGC if a sponsor/donor wants to initiate amendments (e.g., change of scope, change of award amount, project extensions, etc.) to the award:
- Provide the OGC with copies of reports (i.e., progress reports, final reports, program activity reports, etc.) for review and editing five (5) business days prior to submission to the sponsor/donor:
- Obtain OGC approval prior to contacting a sponsor/donor and requesting amendments (e.g., change of scope, change of award amount, project extensions, etc.) to the award:
- Complete an internal Annual Performance Report (APR) for the award; the OGC will distribute the APR form to PI’s or PD’s in October of each year:
- Complete award information requests from the OGC in a timely manner.