- Joseph Proud (with Teodora Pejasinovic Proud). Dva Gledista/Two Points of View. Common Tone Records. 2023. Compact Disc.
- Marlowe Daly-Galeano. Review. Little Women at 150. Ed. Daniel Shealy. University Press of Mississippi, 2022. Children’s Literature Association Quarterly. 47.2 (2022): 226-8.
- Amy Minervini – contributed to the Wikipedia article Graphic Organizers
- Amy Minervini – authored Barns of the Palouse
- Kyle Ferguson authored the article “ “How NAIA Institutions Can Increase NIL Support” on the website Business of College Sports. https://businessofcollegesports.com/name-image-likeness/how-naia-institutions-can-increase-nil-support/
- Nancy Johnston - Warneke, C., Schwarz, J. P., Dibb, J., Kalashnikova, O., Frost, G., Al-Saadi, J., …Johnston...et al. (2022). Fire Influence on Regional to Global Environments and Air Quality (FIREX-AQ). Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 128, e2022JD037758. https://doi.org/10.1029/2022JD037758
Mataka, L. Saderholm, J. & Hodge T. (2022). College STEM faculty teaching practices; the influence of a professional development with faculty learning communities. Electronic Journal of research in Science and Mathematics Education, 26(3), 40-56. https://ejrsme.icrsme.com/article/view/21826
Libby, T.* & Van Mullem, H. (2022). Creating a “Wellness First” Team Environment. Sport Coach America (online).
Cocciarella, C., Croft, C., Fehr, C., Fennell, M., Herbert, M., Lott, G., Martin, E., Savage, J., Van Mullem, P., Van Mullem, H., Volk, M. & Wilson, H. (2022). Preparing to Coach Your Children. Sport Coach America (online).
Libby, T.* & Van Mullem, H. (2022). Protecting Athlete Wellness in the Hyper-Competitive World of Sports. PHE America (online).
Dickinson, G. N.; Miller, D. D.; Bajracharya, A.; Bruchard, W.; Durbin, T. A.; McGarry, J. K. P.; Moser, E. P.; Nuñez, L. A.; Pukkila, E. P.; Scott, P. S.; Sutton, P. J.; and Johnston, N. A. C. (2022). Health Risk Implications of Volatile Organic Compounds in Wildfire Smoke During the 2019 FIREX-AQ Campaign and Beyond. GeoHealth. 6, e2021GH000546.
- Heather Van Mullen -
- *Undergraduate student
- Amanda Van Lanen, The Washington Apple: Orchards and the Development of Industrial Agriculture (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2022).
- The following Humanities faculty members received Everyday Teaching Excellence Awards from the Center for Teaching and Learning in Fall 2022:
- Julie Bezzerides
- Sarah Graham
- Nancy Lee-Painter
- Peter Remien
- Jef Petersen won the David Mark Cohen National Playwriting Award for his play "Emme and the Taking of the Woods"
- Bryce Kammers - 2023 Innovative Educator for Written Communication GEM Award winner.
- Heather Van Mullem - SHAPE Award
- Christa Davis - “NDS Leadership Fellow” upon graduation from the National Dance Society’s Leadership Academy
- Kylee Britzman received the Cascadia Award from the PNWPSA for her scholarship.
- Amanda Van Lanen received the 2022 Innovative Educator for Social and Behavioral Ways of Knowing Award from the Idaho General Education Committee.
- The following Social Sciences faculty members received Everyday Teaching Awards from the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) in Fall 2022. They were:
- Kerensa Allison
- Amy Canfield
- Leif Hoffmann
- Eric Martin
- Renee Harris (with Kylee Britzman and Liz Martin). Experiential Learning with Hells Canyon Institute Faculty. Center for Teaching and Learning. LC State. September 2022.
- Peter Remien. Applying for Faculty Development Grants and Sabbaticals. Center for Teaching and Learning. LC State. September 2022.
- Marcy Halpin (with Christina Brando-Subis and Angela Wartel). A Panel Discussion on Online Teaching. Center for Teaching and Learning. LC State. September 2022.
- Jennifer Anderson and Peter Remien (with Johanna Bjork and Sam Coulter). Introducing the Book and Print History Teaching Collection. Center for Teaching and Learning. LC State. October 2022.
- Kelsey Grafton (with Annie Cunningham, Aaron Johnson, and moderator Rhett Diessner). Over the Line: Art & Nature, Artist Presentation and Panel Discussion. LC Center for Arts & History. October 2022
- Van Mullem, H. (2022). “Students as Pedagogical Partners: Reflections on a Semester of a Student-Faculty Partnership to Improve Instruction.” Mount Saint Mary College Connect & Exhale: Educators Post Pandemic International Conference (online).
- Van Mullem, H. (2022). “Sneakers & Podcasts: Teaching, Learning & Building Connections.” The North American Society for the Sociology of Sport (NASSS) Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Van Mullem, H. (2022). “You Should Really Get Some Exercise!: Addressing Fatphobia in Kinesiology Programs.” Western Society of Kinesiology & Wellness, Oakland, CA.
- Van Mullem, H., Mason, A., Meaney, K., & Beach, P. (2022). “Student Mental Health: Realities, Challenges & Strategies.” American Kinesiology Association (AKA) Leadership Institute Webinar (online).
- Wilson, K and Johnston, N. A. C. Aerosols from NASA AERONET Robotic Network and Other Pollution Monitoring in the Lewis Clark Valley. Idaho INBRE Conference. Moscow, ID, August 2022.
- Van Mullem, H. (2022). “Identifying Bias in Health & Fitness Imagery in Social Media: A Teaching Strategy.” Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) Montana & Idaho Conference, Missoula, MT.
- Van Mullem, H. (2022). “Teaching During a Pandemic: Using Virtual Fitness Programming Principles to Create Community in Online Classes.” Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) Montana & Idaho Conference, Missoula, MT.
- Shaw, A., Stoll, S.K., & Van Mullem, H. (2022). “Being Abled May Limit Your Ability to Teach Students With Physical Disabilities.” The National Consortium for Physical Education for Individuals with Disabilities (NCPEID) Conference (online).
- Eric Stoffregen. DNA damage and determinism in Drosophila: Do Blm-deficient mothers doom their offspring? Idaho INBRE Statewide Research Conference, Moscow, ID, August 2022. Invited talk.
- Van Mullem, H., Shaw, A., & Stoll, S.K. (2022). “Women are Not Monolithic: Challenges & Barriers for Women with Physical Disabilities.” Thirteenth International Conference on Sport and Society (online).
- Kylee Britzman, Leif Hoffmann, and Gene Straughan gave presentations on “Vaccinations, Quarantines, and Mask Mandates” at LCSC’s annual Constitution Day event on September 17, 2022. Hoffmann and Straughan also gave virtual talks for the Georgia College and State University’s Constitution Day event that same month.
- Leif Hoffmann spoke about Idaho politics as part of the “Political Issues in the Pacific Northwest” panel at the Pacific Northwest Political Science Association (PNWPSA) conference in Walla Walla, Washington, November 10-12, 2022.
- Amanda Van Lanen gave a talk on her book, The Washington Apple: Orchards and the Development of Industrial Agriculture, at the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) on Nov. 2.
- Julie Bezzerides, Ben Morton, Marcy Halpin, and Gwen Sullivan. Idaho General Education Summit. “Embracing the High Impact of General Education.” Boise, ID. 5-7 October 2022.
- Joseph Proud (with Teodora Pejasinovic Proud). International Duo Symposium. Invited Recital and Masterclass. Missoula, MT. 7-8 October 2022.
- Marlowe Daly-Galeano and Martin Gibbs. Professional Organizational Development Network Conference. Seattle, WA. 16-20 November 2022.
- Marcy Halpin. Participant in short course: “Honoring DEI's Place in Applied Communication: A Case Study Approach for Teaching Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Purpose Engagement in Questions of Social Justice.” National Communication Association 108th Annual Convention. New Orleans, LA. 17-20 November 2022.
- Marlowe Daly-Galeano, panel organizer/chair: “Working for 150 Years: An Anniversary Panel on Alcott’s Work.” American Literature Association Conference. Boston, MA. 23-25 May 2023.
- Amy Minervini and Jennifer Anderson, “Writing for Community Change.” TYCA-PNW Annual Conference. Zoom. 21 October 2023.
- Kylee Britzman served as the chair and discussant for the “Political Psychology” panel at the PNWPSA conference.
- Leif Hoffmann served as a discussant for the “International Relations” panel and the “Theory, Public Policy, and Comparative Politics” poster session at the PNWPSA conference.
- Laura Earles and Gene Straughan attended the PNWPSA conference.
- Gary Reed attended the American Society of Criminology conference in Atlanta, GA from November 16-20, 2022.
Faculty-Student Conferences, Service Learning, Field Experience, and Other Collaborations
- Jennifer Anderson and Kimberly Tolson. Not Seen on Netflix Film Series. LC State. Fall 2022.
- Jennifer Anderson & TRR. Talking River Review Presents: Workshop for Writers Event. LC State. 3 November 2022.
- Jef Petersen. LC Skills Builder: Theater Program. LC State. 3 November 2022.
- Sarah Graham. Mission and Vision Governance Committee, National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO). 2022-2023
- Nancy Johnston traveled with 4 undergraduate science majors to a national meeting in Chicago, American Geophysical Union, where they presented research on air pollution/emissions.
- Huddleston, S., Morales, R., and Johnston, N.A.C. Characterization of Compost Emissions using Gas-Chromatography Methods.
- Kenerson, D., Dickinson, G. N., Bradel-Tretheway, B. and Johnston, N.A.C. Five-Year Study of Volatile Organic Compounds in an Intermountain West Valley Region.
- Wilson, K. and Johnston, N.A.C. Monitoring of Multiple Air Pollutants in a Rural Northwest Valley: NASA AERONET, EPA Fine Particulate Matter and Local Sulfur Species.
- Nancy Johnston, Lloyd Mataka, John Morrison, Loralee Ohrtman - Classical Conversations Homeschool Group (K-6) and high school (7-12) SCIENCE activities outreach at LC science lab
- Susan Steele - 13th Annual STEM Fair at the Pi-Nee-Waus Community Center in Lapwai, Idaho.
- Heather Van Mullem & Lee Ann Wiggin traveled with two students to the 2022 WSKW Conference.
- F. Meyer, S. Weeks, C.A. Davis, T. Hampton, J. Marquis, C. Stafford (2022). "NDS Leadership Academy Graduation Ceremony with Cohort Projects''. IAHPEDS World Congress/ NDS Conference, San Antonio, TX
- C.A. Davis, T. Hampton, Student presenters: K. Barnea, E. Holbrook, K. Jay, C. Melena, B. Menti, M. Taylor (2022). "A Dream Hastened: Building Cultural Competence Through International Choreographic Collaboration'', IAHPEDS World Congress/ NDS Conference, San Antonio, TX
- T. Hampton, C.A. Davis, M.A. Laverty, D.D. Loring, B. Mclam (2022). Future Directions for IAHPEDS Dance (Symposium). IAHPEDS World Congress/ NDS Conference, San Antonio, TX
- Poole, C.* & Van Mullem, H. (2022). “Students as Pedagogical Partners: Reflections on a Semester of a Student-Faculty Partnership to Improve Instruction.” The North American Society for the Sociology of Sport (NASSS) Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Libby, T.* & Van Mullem, H. (2022). “Passing Time or Passing the Torch?: Exploring Communication Purpose & Elements of Overconformity to the Sport Ethic in Athlete Tweets.” Western Society of Kinesiology & Wellness, Oakland, CA.
- Kenerson, D.; Bradel-Tretheway, B.; Dickinson, G. and Johnston, N. A. C. Air Quality Study of the Lewis-Clark Valley. Idaho INBRE Conference. Moscow, ID, August 2022.
- Farnham, N.; Wilson, K. and Johnston, N. A. C. Volatile Organic Compounds from Wildfire Smoke in Northcentral Idaho. Idaho INBRE Conference. Moscow, ID, August 2022. (3rd Place Poster Winner).
- Huddleston, S.; Morales, R. and Johnston, N. A. C. Thermal Desorption-Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds Emitted from Compost. Washington State University REU Symposium, Pullman, WA, July 2022.
- Morales, R.; Huddleston, S. and Johnston, N. A. C. Headspace Gas-chromatography Analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds From Compost. Washington State University REU Symposium, Pullman, WA, July 2022.
- Kyra M. Lockett*, Brayden M. Graves*, Kenedi Freeman, Abygail J. Marler, Eric P. Stoffregen. Deficiency of the DNA repair protein Blm during early Drosophila development leads to premature aging phenotypes. Idaho INBRE Statewide Research Conference, Moscow, ID, August 2022. Poster Presentation. ^ Faculty Choice 2nd Place Poster
- Kenedi Freeman*, Abbey J. Marler*, Brayden M. Graves, Kyra M. Lockett, Sara Hathaway, Eric P. Stoffregen. Lack of the DNA repair protein Blm during Drosophila development impacts healthspan. Idaho INBRE Statewide Research Conference, Moscow, ID, August 2022. Poster Presentation.
- Kyra M. Lockett, Brayden M. Graves,, Kenedi Freeman, Abygail J. Marler, Eric P. Stoffregen. Lack of the DNA repair protein Blm during Drosophila embryonic development impacts metabolic function. Idaho Council on Undergraduate Research Conference (Virtual). July 2022. Poster Presentation.
- Kylee Britzman and Leif Hoffmann took six students to the PNWPSA conference.
Performance and Exhibits
- Winter Concert. Silverthorne Theatre. 6 December 2022. Sarah Graham, Organizer/Director.
- Spring Concert. Silverthorne Theatre. April 2023. Sarah Graham, Organizer/Director.
LCSC JAZZ BAND
- Fall Concert. Silverthorne Theatre. 7 December 2022. Joe Proud, Organizer/Director.
- Spring Concert. Silverthorne Theatre. April 2022. Joe Proud, Organizer/Director.
LCSC ROCK BAND
- Fall Concert. Silverthorne Theatre. 8 December 2022. Joe Proud, Organizer/Director.
- Emme and the Taking of the Woods. Silverthorne Theatre. October-November 2022. Jef Petersen, Writer. Nancy Lee-Painter, Jef Petersen, and Tan Prace Collier, Directors.
LCSC VISITING WRITERS SERIES
- Ron McFarland Poetry Reading. Center for Arts and History. October 13, 2022. Jennifer Anderson, Organizer
- C.A. Davis, Choreographer, Invited Performance: “LCSC - A Dream Hastened - Metamorphosis”, Dancers: Kaytlyn Barnea, Emily Holbrook, Carely Melena, Brooklynn Menti, Madallyn Taylor. Opening Ceremony, IAHPEDS World Congress/ NDS Conference, San Antonio, TX
- The following faculty members served as moderators for the “Artists in Conversation” panels at the Center for Arts & History (CAH).
- Kylee Britzman
- Amy Canfield
- Rhett Diessner
- Rachelle Genthôs
- Luella Loudenback
- Heidee McMillin
Professional Development: Degrees, Credentials, Certifications
- Julie Bezzerides and Marlowe Daly-Galeano are participating in the 2022-2023 cohort of the Lewis-Clark State College Faculty Leadership Institute (LC-FLI) offered through the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Sarah Graham is continuing studies in Clinical Mental Health through Capella University, with 8 credits completed in the fall of 2022.
- Van Mullem, H. Selected to participate in 2022 Association for Applied Sport Psychology Midcareer Women’s Institute in Sport. Two-day Institute held October 20-21, 2022.
- Van Mullem, H. Conference Coordinator for 2022 Western Society for Kinesiology and Wellness Conference held in Oakland, CA, October 5-7, 2022.
- Christa A. Davis - Recognized as Head Coach of LCSC’s new NAIA Sport “Competitive Dance”
- Lee Ann Wiggin - Received Level 1 Certification in Functional Movement Screening
- Van Mullem, H.: Completed ATIXA Title IX Coordinator and Administrator Four Training: Advocacy, Prevention & Trauma
- Van Mullem, H.: Selected to participate in the AASP Mid-Career Institute for Women in Sport (MWIS); will be held in October 2022.
- Van Mullem, H.: Invited to participate in the Sterling Sport Mindset Mental Game Mastermind Sessions (June-August)
- Leanne Parker attended the Intensive Training for Mindful Self-Compassion in Rhinebeck, New York in August, which is the first step in becoming a certified mindful self-compassion trainer.
- Sarah Graham. Institutional Development Grant. Partial funding for Male Ensemble Northwest (M.E.N.) Workshop and Concert. April 2023.
- Marcy Halpin. Institutional Development Grant. Partial funding for Speech & Debate Club travel to Whitworth University McPherson Classic Tournament.
- Rachel Jameton - Awarded $20,000 for STEMGEM afterschool program and summer camp 2023 by STEM Action Center’s Out of School STEM Programming Grant.
- HERC awardees
- Kylie Wilson and Nancy Johnston - “Air Pollutants Research Paper”
- Madilyn Sorenson, McKenzie Bowey, and Leigh Latta - “Common Camas Germination and Development in Response to Deicing Salts”
- Anika Busz and Nancy Johnston - “Gaseous Emissions from Local Soils and those Exposed to Wildfire”
- Sara Muehlhausen and Leigh Latta - “Microplastic pollution in aquatic ecosystems of northern Idaho”
- Shastine Huddleston and Nancy Johnston- “VOCs Emitted From Within Compost”
- Cornelius Sia Kee Hung and Nancy Johnston - “The Study of Formaldehyde Emissions in Lewiston-Clarkston Valley
- Eric Stoffregen - Beginning 09/01/22 SuRE (R16) grant will be on campus. The award is for 4-years, at $125,000 per year to fund the research he is doing with students investigating Blm DNA helicase using Drosophila melanogaster as a model.
- Nancy Johnston - NIH grant/subaward with Drexel University
Dr. Jane Clougherty of Drexel University and Dr. Nancy Johnston of Lewis-Clark State College were awarded a grant from the National Institutes of Health called studying “Community-based air toxics monitoring during rapid environmental change in industrialized neighborhoods”.
The award is a 2-year award starting 7/1/22 through 6/30/24 ($30,000 LC/ $426,059 total).
- Kylee Britzman was awarded an American Political Science Association (APSA) Centennial Center grant for a co-authored project regarding race, gender, and persuasion in social movements.