Umbraco Web Editors
Upcoming Training: June, 2023
How to Log into Umbraco:
- Production: https://edit.lcsc.edu (you will need to copy this URL into your browser)
- Development: https://wwwdev.lcsc.edu/umbraco
*Remember that Umbraco is only accessible on campus or through VPN.
If you have questions or need help please submit a Website ticket - https://kbox.lcsc.edu or email [email protected].
Important Info for Web Editors
- How to build a great homepage (recorded 4/30/20)
- Division Editor follow up focusing on Degree Finder (recorded 5/14/20)
- Good Web Writing (recorded 7/14/20)
- All about Teasers (recorded 7/21/20)
- Search-ability and Share-ability (recorded 9/22/20)
- see also these helpful instructions: Writing Content for Search-ability
- Creating Forms (recorded 10/6/20)
- Faculty and Staff Directory (recorded 10/13/20)
- "Schedule an appointment" interface with Outlook calendars
- "Time" option in Date List component
- Ability to resize photos - Done
- Text searchable within collapsible panels
- Carousel of photos and captions (e.g. peer mentor carousel)
- Ability to add a table within a panel
- Ability to left- or right-justify a table caption
- Ability to search instructor bios by keyword(s)
- Working link feature in Date List (allow link labels)
- Support mailto: and tel: link types
- Ability to choose a size of Media component - Done
- Grid style teaser list (like the post-body content teaser list) in body content
- Ability to feed events by type onto webpages
- Create custom video component for division videos created by marketing (currently being used in most division page hero/headers - Done
- Ability to link from a media component to either webpage or document
- Notes below the operating hours in contact information - Done
- In teaser links to external pages, option to open in new tab
- Single CTA bar link (similar to the button in the current system)
- GPA calculator
- Columned List
- Contact component that includes body text. Use cases, would be for club advisors or student staff. Stylized version of this club contact list.
- Add a color background as an option for the page header
- Allow editors to create a profile within the Employee Profile List component. This would be used for non-LCSC employees for instances like committee members.
- Add options to increase Degree Finder columns (default is 2).
- Ability to add Zoom link in the Office hours section of the contact component.
- Component similar to the look of the program finder tiles that could house how-to videos.
- Ability to randomly show a subset of student testimonials from a database of 100 records. Request by Kacey Diemert.
- Stylized link box
- Ability to create a filterable table. Request by Suzanne Rousseau (will provide more details).
- Add Paypal option in Umbraco Forms
Resources for Editors
- Weber State: Writing for the Web
- Hemingway App
- Introductions from Logan Fowler and Dan White (recorded February 2020)
- Training Manual for Umbraco Components
- Component Quick Reference Guide
- Website Questionnaire
- WAVE tool at webaim.org
- Umbraco Forms
- Nielsen Norman Group - User-experience training, research and consultation
- Peer Review Checklist
- Guide for completing employee profile
- Guide for adding employee profiles to the website