LPN to BSN Track
Located on our main campus in Lewiston, Idaho, the LPN to BSN track is a 4-semester program for licensed practical nurses who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing and sit for the NCLEX-RN®. Applications are accepted every fall and spring semester on NursingCAS.org.
How to Apply
NOTE: Students applying for fall 2023 and spring 2024 admission: Pathophysiology is required as a pre-requisite course. Option of Biol 312 or NU 392:ST Pathophysiology for Nursing.
Students applying during spring 2024 for fall 2024 admission: Pathophysiology will be a course within the BSN program so is not required prior to program admission.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in all college coursework.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) in the courses below. Calculate your GPA
- Anatomy & Physiology + lab (full series, 8-semester credits)
- Chemistry + lab (General, Organic & Biochemistry preferred)
- Microbiology + lab
- Valid and unencumbered Practical/Vocational Nursing License
- English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers) Contact NHS Program Advisor for details ([email protected])
Must be passed with a C (2.0) or better. Transfer courses must meet LCSC equivalency to be eligible. For transfer equivalencies, please visit TES:College Source.
For a preliminary evaluation of transfer credits, you may email unofficial transcripts to NHS Program Advisor, Tiffany Pilon ([email protected]).
Nursing Specific Courses:
- Anatomy & Physiology I (or 1 semester of Anatomy)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (or 1 semester of Physiology)
General Education Courses:
See the full list in the Catalog
This information is intended for fully or provisionally admitted students to the Basic track.
View Health Requirements and Background Check info
COVID-19 (Updated 12/20/2022)
As the healthcare environment continues to evolve, we work with our clinical agency partners to provide the best learning opportunities for Nursing & Health Sciences students. Our healthcare partner agencies have specific health and background check requirements for all students that engage in practicum experiences at their facilities. It is important to understand that clinical agencies may update health requirements at any time and as of this date, many clinical agencies to which NHS program students are assigned require COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of engaging in clinical activities at their facilities. Additionally, at this time, some clinical agencies allow for medical or religious exemptions and some do not. All students must meet the onboarding requirements of the clinical agencies to which they are assigned. Inability to meet onboarding requirements may result in an inability to successfully complete practicum courses. For further questions, consult with your NHS academic advisor.
- Visit www.nursingcas.org to start your application or log in to an existing account
- Visit the Add Programs page to select the Lewis-Clark State College BSN (Pre-Licensure) program.
- Complete the steps to fill out and submit your application.
- All students must submit official transcripts to NursingCAS from every college/university ever attended.
- Please note that to submit your application via NursingCAS you will be charged a $60 fee.
- Many resources are available to help you complete your application, including the Applicant Help Center
- You can also contact NursingCAS support with questions
Decisions made by end of March or October via email to the address you provide on NursingCAS.
Please contact your advisor to review your application prior to submitting it. If you do not have an advisor, contact NHS Program Advisor: Tiffany Pilon ph: (208) 792-2087 or [email protected]
- February 11, 2023-- Priority Deadline for Fall 2023
- February 25, 2023-- (8:59 pm PST)-- Deadline to apply for Fall 2023 entrance
- April 1, 2023-- Application opens on NursingCAS.org for Spring 2024 entrance
- September 11, 2023-- Priority Deadline for Spring 2024
- September 25, 2023-- (8:59 pm PST)-- Deadline to apply for Spring 2024
- November 1, 2023-- Application opens on NursingCAS.org for Fall 2024 entrance
Students with a previous Associate Degree (AS) or Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Practical Nursing should meet with an advisor for the LPN to BSN track prior to applying. You may contact an advisor at [email protected].