LPN to BSN Track
Located on our main campus in Lewiston, Idaho, the LPN to BSN track is a 4-semester program for licensed practical nurses who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing and sit for the NCLEX-RN®. Applications are accepted every fall and spring semester on NursingCAS.org.
How to Apply
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in all college coursework.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) in the courses below. Calculate your GPA
- Anatomy & Physiology + lab (full series, 8-semester credits)
- Chemistry + lab (General, Organic & Biochemistry preferred)
- Microbiology + lab
- Valid and unencumbered Practical/Vocational Nursing License
- English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers) Contact NHS Program Advisor for details ([email protected])
Must be passed with a C (2.0) or better. Transfer courses must meet LCSC equivalency to be eligible. For transfer equivalencies, please visit TES:College Source.
For a preliminary evaluation of transfer credits, you may email unofficial transcripts to NHS Program Advisor, Tiffany Pilon ([email protected]).
Nursing Specific Courses:
- Statistics (link each to catalog course desc?)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (or 1 semester of Anatomy)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (or 1 semester of Physiology)
General Education Courses:
See the full list in the Catalog
This information is intended for fully or provisionally admitted students to the Basic track.
- Visit www.nursingcas.org to start your application or log in to an existing account
- Visit the Add Programs page to select the Lewis-Clark State College BSN (Pre-Licensure) program.
- Complete the steps to fill out and submit your application.
- All students must submit official transcripts to NursingCAS from every college/university ever attended.
- Please note that to submit your application via NursingCAS you will be charged a $55 fee.
- Many resources are available to help you complete your application, including the Applicant Help Center
- You can also contact NursingCAS support with questions
Decisions made by end of March or October via email to the address you provide on NursingCAS.
Please contact your advisor to review your application prior to submitting it. If you do not have an advisor, contact NHS Program Advisor: Tiffany Pilon ph: (208) 792-2087 or [email protected]
- April 1, 2021-- Application opens on NursingCAS.org for Spring 2022 entrance
- September 11, 2021-- Priority Deadline for Spring 2022
- September 25, 2021-- (8:59 pm PST)-- Deadline to apply for Spring 2022
- November 1, 2021-- Application opens on NursingCAS.org for Fall 2022 entrance
- February 11, 2022-- Priority Deadline for Fall 2022
Students with a previous Associate Degree (AS) or Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Practical Nursing should meet with an advisor for the LPN to BSN track prior to applying. You may contact an advisor at [email protected].