LPN to BSN Track
Located on our main campus in Lewiston, Idaho, the LPN to BSN track is a 4-semester program for licensed practical nurses who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing and sit for the NCLEX-RN®. Applications are accepted every fall and spring semester on NursingCAS.org.
Students with a previous Associate Degree (AS) or Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Practical Nursing should meet with an advisor for the LPN to BSN track prior to applying. NHS@lcsc.edu
Eligible applicants must meet academic admission criteria as stated in the BSN Basic track.
View the LPN to BSN Track Sequential Plan
View LPN-BSN Track Options
Additional Notes to LPN Applicants
How to Apply
- Application Requirements
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in all college coursework.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) in the courses below. Calculate your GPA
- Anatomy & Physiology + lab (full series, 8 semester credits)
- Chemistry + lab (General, Organic & Biochemistry preferred)
- Microbiology + lab
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA), LPN/LVN, or LCSC Equivalency View LCSC equivalency options
- English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers) Contact NHS Program Advisor for details (NHS@lcsc.edu)
- Prerequisite Coursework
Must be passed with a C (2.0) or better. Transfer courses must meet LCSC equivalency to be eligible. For transfer equivalencies, please visit College Source or Transferology.
For a preliminary evaluation of transfer credits, you may email unofficial transcripts to NHS Program Advisor, Tiffany Pilon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nursing Specific Courses:
- Anatomy & Physiology I (or 1 semester of Anatomy)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (or 1 semester of Physiology)
General Education Courses: View in Catalog
- Additional Requirements (if provisional admission is given)
This information is intended for fully or provisionally admitted students to the Basic track.
View Health Requirements and Background Check info
- NursingCAS Instructions
Visit www.nursingcas.org to start your application or log into an existing account
- Visit the Add Programs page to select LCSC’s nursing program.
- Complete the steps to fill out and submit your application.
- All students must submit official transcripts to NursingCAS from every college/university ever attended.
- Please note that to submit your application via NursingCAS you will be charged a $55 fee.
- Many resources are available to help you complete your application, including the applicant help center
- You can also contact NursingCAS support with questions
Decisions made by end of March or October via email to the address you provide on NursingCAS.
Please contact your advisor to review your application prior to submitting. If you do not have an advisor, contact NHS Program Advisor: Tiffany Pilon ph: (208) 792-2087 or email@example.com
- Dates & Deadlines
- August 13, 2020-- Application opens on NursingCAS.org for Spring 2021 entrance
- September 11, 2020-- Priority Deadline for Spring 2021
- September 25, 2020 (8:59pm PST)-- Deadline for Spring 2021
- December 1, 2020-- Application opens for Fall 2021 (deadline TBA)
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Lewis-Clark State College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org) and approved by the Idaho Board of Nursing.