After receiving your confirmation appointment email from The Advising Center, please complete these steps before your appointment to prepare for your registration STAR appointment with your Advisor:
- Go to WarriorWeb to sign in to your Student Account.
- Here you will be prompted to log into your account.
- Enter your User name and Password, which are listed on your acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions at LCSC
- Your user name is the first part of your LCMail address. Usually, it is your first initial, middle initial, and then your full last name sometimes containing numbers after your last name. The first time signing into your account your password is your 8-digit date of birth (mmddyyyy).
- If your username or password does not work, click on forgot your "user name" or "password" link below the sign-in area to retrieve your username or reset your password using your LCMail address.
- If these steps do not resolve your user name or password issue, contact the IT Helpdesk at 208-792-2231 Mon-Fri. 8:00 am- 5:00 pm (PST)
- Once you have successfully logged into your WarriorWeb account, you will see different categories you can select to open from the home screen.
- Click on the "Student Planning" box. In this section, you will be able to search for courses, plan and register for classes each semester, and plan future courses.
- Then click on "Student Planning" at the top left under the LC State logo to descend the drop-down menu,
- Select "Conditions of Registration" and proceed through ALL pages, reading each section, answering any questions, and selecting the “I agree” box at the bottom of each page; then click submit to proceed to the next page. Once you’ve completed this process, you will be returned to the main landing page.
In order to complete the following linked form, you will need your Student ID number and LCMail address. You can find this information in your admission letter or in WarriorWeb under "user profile".
1) Please complete for your advisor: Advisee Intake Form
2) Sign up to attend Orientation: Orientation Form
Note: If you are going to be an all-online student, your Orientation will be done through Canvas.
- Review the Navigating Your First Year Guide.
- If you are scheduled for a phone or zoom appointment, your advisor will go over this booklet with you during your appointment.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment, you will receive a paper copy at your appointment to go over with your advisor.
What will happen at STAR?
- Introduce you to WarriorWeb, Student Planning, LC Mail, and Canvas
- Review your placement test results and explain how these relate to course placement
- Advise and help with the selection of courses then register you for the semester
- Discuss your previously completed college courses (dual credits, AP, transfer credits)
- Review your Advising Intake form and areas of concern and interest
- Provide information about your degree and a recommended sequential plan to finish "on time"
- Explain New Student Orientation and SD-107, your Orientation class
- Discuss fees and payment options
- Inform you about the financial aid application (FAFSA), scholarships, and award acceptance
- Give you success strategies for your first semester
- Share the 'First Semester Checklist' to help you prepare for the first day
- Answer any questions you might have!