More information on event policies such as reservation guidelines, sales tax and event insurance are available for review below.
A completed Event Safety Protocol document will be required for scheduled events. For more information, contact Events & Conferences.
We require a Facility Use Agreement (FUA) for all events that are hosted on campus, not sponsored by the college. An individualized agreement will be created for your event. Below you can find an example of the standard Facility Use Agreement.
- All reservation cancellations require 72 hours notice prior to the event to avoid facility rental/setup charges.
- Cancellations after facility payment has been received, will incur a $25 administrative refund fee.
LC State is required to collect sales tax on facility rental for:
- Recreational activities unless the contracting group will be charging admission, in which case the lessee will be responsible for the reporting of sales and collection of Idaho Sales tax
- The event is not considered educational or religious in nature. If the group is an exempt buyer, a copy of a completed ST-101 Idaho State Tax Commission Sales Tax Resale or Exemption Certificate must be submitted along with the event Facility Use Agreement as requested. Download and complete the ST-101 form found on our Hosting an Event home page.
- Most events require insurance for your protection and LCSC's.
- Insurance is typically provided through the business or organization renting our facilities.
- If you are a private person and do not have general liability insurance, you have the option to purchase one-time general liability insurance from TULIP or The Event Helper. We would be happy to assist you in exploring these options.