Academic Dress & Regalia
Commencement is a formal academic event. Graduates must be dressed in the proper academic regalia of a cap, gown, stole (for baccalaureate recipients), and tassel in order to participate in the activities. Graduates are encouraged to obtain their caps and gowns two weeks before the day of the ceremony.
The tassel is worn on the right side of the mortarboard (cap) prior to the degree being conferred. The president will instruct you to move the tassel to the left side after the degrees have been conferred.
Only approved LC State graduation regalia are appropriate for commencement. The approved list may be found in policy 5.308.
Ordering Caps & Gowns
Order early to guarantee sizes!
- Academic regalia may be ordered through Jostens. See due dates below.
- Then click on “Graduation Caps & Gowns.” You must then select “Student Lewiston Campus”, even if you are a CDA student.
- Next you will choose from the Associate package or the Bachelor package (includes Stole).
- If you do not need a cap and gown, you may order individual items (tassel, stole, cap only) from the LCSC Bookstore. Items are limited (in the Bookstore), and take time to ship, so don’t wait until the last minute to purchase your regalia.
To ensure that your regalia arrives on time, please order by:
- April 1st - Faculty
- April 8th - Student Regalia with Stole
- April 22nd - Student Cap, Gown, and Tassel
2022 Prices* for commencement regalia have not been determined.
*6% sales tax not included in price
Honor cords are earned by meeting set GPA requirements.
Honor cords (President’s Honors, Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude, Military Veteran) will be available in the Registrar's office the week of graduation and on the day of Commencement.