Ceremony & Events
Friday, May 12, 2023
P1FCU Activity Center
At LC State's commencement ceremonies, all graduates wear standard regalia and are called by name to cross the stage and receive their diploma cover and have their photo taken once they exit the stage.
Graduates will receive an empty diploma cover during commencement. A graduate's diploma* will be mailed to them after all graduation applications and degree audits have been reviewed (typically within four weeks).
*Diplomas are mailed to the address listed on the graduation application. If the field is not filled out, a graduate's home address will be used. Please check to be sure we have the correct mailing address on file. Send any address updates to [email protected].
Name cards will be distributed during student line up at commencement. Only those graduates who attend will have their names read. Students should write their names phonetically on the card to assist readers.
- Do not fold, bend or otherwise damage your name card. Damaged cards make it difficult for readers to pronounce the names.
- If you are using a name different from the one used at school, please indicate both names on the card.
This is an event to honor your accomplishments. Family, friends, colleagues, faculty, and staff will be present to applaud your hard work. All participants will be expected to conduct themselves in a mature, respectful and responsible manner. You and your guests’ understanding and cooperation are vital to the success of the day’s activities.
- Family members and friends who wish to take photographs of portions of the ceremony must remain in their seats and are not permitted to stand in the aisles.
- Guests should refrain from interfering with the view of others.
- Children may sit with family in the visitor seating areas; no children are allowed to sit with graduates or to accompany them on the stage. For the safety of all attendees, children must be accompanied by an adult and are not allowed to be unattended.
Within the last 72 hours, have you:
- Had a fever or chills?
- Had a persisting cough?
- Experienced shortness of breath or had difficulty breathing?
- Experienced a new loss of taste or smell?
- Had other symptoms of ill health (e.g., sore throat, body aches, fatigue, headache)?
If you've answered 'yes' to any of these, please do not attend commencement.
- May 05CDA Graduation Reception: 4-6 p.m. @ DeArmond Building
- May 05CDA Social Work Pinning Ceremony: 6 p.m. @ North Idaho College
- May 11Radiographic Sciences Recognition Ceremony: 12-1:30 p.m. @ Silverthorne Theatre
- May 11BSN Recognition Ceremony: 3-5 p.m. @ Echo Hills Church, Lewiston
- May 11Social Work Pinning Ceremony: 4:30-5:30 p.m. @ Silverthorne Theatre
- May 11ASLCSC BBQ: 5-7 p.m. @ Campus center lawn by gazebo
- May 12Commencement for graduates of the School of Liberal Arts @ 9 a.m.
- May 12Commencement for graduates of the School of Professional Studies @ 12 p.m.
- May 12Commencement for graduates of the School of Career & Technical Education @ 3 p.m.