Surplus Property Disposal
Whenever equipment/property is disposed of or transferred to another state agency, a Property Disposal Form must be completed and sent to the Purchasing Office prior to disposal.
- Complete the form by providing as much information as possible, including:
- LCSC Inventory tag # (if applicable)
- Description of item
- Condition codes (see codes listed on form)
- Original cost, if known
- Estimated value of equipment
- Select which disposal method you will be using from the dropdown menu
- If selecting to transfer to another agency or sell at public auction, contact Purchasing for guidance
- Sign the form electronically
- Email the completed form to the Purchasing Office
- Wait for a copy signed by the Purchasing Director to be returned to you before disposing of the property. You should receive the signed copy within 7-10 days.