Canvas Coaching and Tutorials
When logged into Canvas, click the Help button in the navigation menu on the left side of your screen. This will give you a menu with many options to find the help you need including:
- Live chat with Canvas Support
- Canvas Support Hotline phone number
- Report a problem to Canvas
You can also access a wide variety of information from the Canvas Community. Choose your role from the Group Hub dropdown menu.
The Canvas Teacher App allows teachers to facilitate their courses on the go, both inside and outside the classroom. This app provides quick access to grading, communicating, and updating—three of the most frequent course facilitation tasks for teachers through Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes.
Download the Canvas Teacher app on Android and iOS devices.
When you are doing training through Growing With Canvas you are a student. If you want to access this training through the app, or are enrolled as a student or have access to any class as a student you will need to download the Canvas Student app.
Canvas Tutorials & Resources
- Start of Term Course Checklist (PDF)
- What does the LC State template include? (video)
- How to get the LC State course template into a blank Canvas course (video)
- Printable steps for getting the template into a Canvas Course (PDF)
- How to copy content from one Canvas class to another (video)
- Steps for copying content using the Course Import tool
- Update Student Resources Module (video)
- Update Student Resources Module (PDF)
- Import RLDB Module for Students (PDF)
- Import RLDB Module for Students (video)
- Canvas Grades: Better, Smarter, Faster (PDF)
- Canvas Grades: Better, Smarter, Faster (video)
- Setting Discussion Dates In Canvas (PDF)
- The How I Made This Video Tutorial (video)
eLearning offers short workshops each semester on a variety of Canvas tools and features. These workshops are hosted over the lunch hour, so bring your appetite for food and learning! All workshops are held through Zoom. Past session recordings are available below.
Mini Workshop Recordings
eLearning Services provides a variety of resources for you to learn to use Canvas at your own pace. If you click on a link and are unable to access the resource, please email [email protected].
- Growing with Canvas - This self-paced course guides you through how to use all of the tools to create content, interact with students, and assess student work in Canvas.
- Access for All- This course provides resources for creating accessible content in Canvas. From creating screen-reader compatible syllabi and slide presentations, to selecting accessible colors, to captioning instructor-made video content, this course has it all!
- Respondus Training- Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor are two tools available to all faculty who want to improve the security of online exams. Review this course for Testing Center proctoring policies and information on how to enable these tools for your exams in Canvas.
Canvas Coaching By Appointment
If you’re new to Canvas and would like an overview of the basics, you can schedule an appointment with one of the Instructional Designers in eLearning. Divisions can also schedule coaching sessions for groups of five or more.
- School of Professional Studies: Angela Meek
- School of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Carrie Kyser