Challenge Exams are designed to assess your knowledge of the learning outcomes of a particular course. If you believe you have mastered the course learning outcomes through experience, independent study, or other means, you may petition to challenge a course for credit. Fees and regulations apply.
Challenge Exam Process
- Students must NOT be enrolled in a course they intend to challenge. Students must currently be enrolled in the semester in which they complete the Challenge Exam.
- Only LCSC approved courses may be challenged; some courses are not available for credit by Challenge Exam.
- Students may not challenge a course during the final semester in which they anticipate being awarded a degree/certificate.
- Students may not challenge a course previously audited, previously failed, or for which they have received credit via another means of prior learning assessment.
- Students may only challenge any given course one time.
- Contact Dovie Willey, the Adult & Corrections Education Director, at [email protected] with questions or to begin the challenge process.
- Review the “Am I Ready” document for this exam and confirm your readiness for this exam with your signature on the Course Challenge Form.
- Meet with the Division Chair and Instructor of the exam for approval signatures on the Course Challenge Form.
- Pay your $70 Challenge Exam Fee online with credit or debit card from the Testing Center homepage or to the campus cashier in the Administration building with cash or check.
- Schedule your proctored exam with the Testing Center (www.lcsc.edu/testing-center), by phone at (208) 792-2100, by visiting in person Library Room 161, or by filling out the Online Appointment Request Form. For distance students, please contact the testing center.
- Take the exam – Bring valid, physical photo ID and receipt for payment to your appointment.
- Exam Assessment: The exam will be sent to the instructor for grading. After the exam has been assessed, the Adult Learning Programs office will notify you of the exam results. If you pass the exam, the credits will be posted to your transcript.
|Course||Number||Am I Ready||Credits|