Visit the Cashier's Window to make your payments to the College. The Cashier's Window is staffed by Treasury Management Specialists who also perform services related to cash handling, sales tax, banking, merchant services, and raffles.
Payments to Lewis-Clark State College can be made in-person at the Cashier’s Window, by phone, or by mail. Student Account payments can also be made online on WarriorWeb or in Reid Hall.
Mailing Address for Payments
Lewis-Clark State College
Controller’s Office Cashier
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501-2698
We accept cash, check, money order, and credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express). A 2.5% service fee will be assessed on all credit and debit card payments. Student Account payments can also be made on WarriorWeb with ACH/E-Check for no additional fee.
All checks, including ACH/E-Check payments, returned by the bank are subject to a $20 service charge.
- Petty cash is designed to eliminate frequent small-dollar requisitions.
- Check with your department to see if you have a Petty Cash fund.
- If you do not have a fund, but want one, please contact [email protected] for information and instructions.
- Petty cash reimbursements are limited to $50 per receipt. Original receipts are required and must have an authorized signature and the complete 15 digit expenditure account number.
- Reimbursements for food must be on a requisition with a PRR/MER - these expenses are not petty cash eligible.
- Any travel related expenses, including gas, taxis, parking costs, etc., must be submitted on a Travel Expense Claim for reimbursement. - these expenses are not petty cash eligible.
- Petty cash funds must be kept in a secured location at all times that is only accessible to authorized individuals.
- Treasury Management oversees the establishment, closure and reconciliation of petty cash funds. Accounts Payable oversees the petty cash reimbursements and reviews eligible expenses.
- Change funds are intended to provide cash to facilitate making change on a long-term basis.
- Change Funds must be kept in a secured location at all times that is only accessible to authorized individuals.
Treasury Management oversees the establishment, closure and reconciliation of of petty cash and change funds. Please contact Treasury Management at 208 792 2351 or [email protected] for information and instructions.
LC State students and employees may cash personal checks for $50 or less at the Cashier’s Window. There is a limit of one check per day and photo id is required. Two-party checks will not be cashed.
Returned checks are subject to applicable return check fees and may result in temporary or permanent suspension of check cashing privileges.
Idaho State Sales Tax is collected on a variety of sales, including, but not limited to, the sale of tangible personal property and admission charges. These items may include T-shirts, baked goods, as well as tickets to a sporting event or concert. For more details about sales tax, please refer to the Cash Handling & Deposit Reference Guide or contact Treasury Management, at 208 792 2351.
The current Idaho State sales tax rate is 6% effective October 1, 2014.
Lewis-Clark State College is exempt from paying sales tax on purchases made by the College and received in the State of Idaho. However, we must collect sales tax when we are selling items. Please include this tax when planning fundraisers, ticket sales, and other taxable items.
If sales tax is part of the price of your taxable item, you can use the following formulas to determine what portion of the item price will be deducted for sales tax:
Item Price/1.06 = Taxable Price (for example: $20.00 / 1.06 = $18.87)
Item Price – Taxable Price = Sales Tax (for example: $20.00 - $18.87 = $1.13)
Taxable Price x Sales Tax Rate = Sales Tax (for example: $18.87 x 6% = $1.13)